Allocation Tool

10-05-2010 04:20 AM
JukkaHöhn
New Contributor
Hi,

I am working on a project allocating origins having supply to destinations having demand such that the supply is consumed, the demands are met, and the overall transportation cost is minimized. I am using the Allocation Tool which i found on the Model and Script Tool Gallery. Unfortunately I always get the error message found in the attachment. Can anybody help? Thanks.

Jukka
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeeleshMandloi
Esri Contributor
Jukka,
    It looks like the tool is failing because of invalid expression while trying to calculate CostAtOrigin field on OD Lines.  Can you replace the OptimumAllocation.py file in your C:\Data\Tools\AllocationTools\Scripts with the attached one and run the Allocation Tool (it will still fail though :()?  The tool will generate a .lyr file in the same folder as the .py file. Can you attach the .lyr file in your reply?. Looking at this layer file will help me to figure out why the tool fails for your case.

Regards
Deelesh
0 Kudos
JukkaHöhn
New Contributor
Hi Deelesh
Thanks for your quick reply. I really appreciate it. I ran the tool on the school allocation dataset to avoid potential errors in my personal dataset but unfortunately there is still an error message which looks a bit different. I will attach the error log and the Optimum Allocation.lyr to this post (I zipped the .lyr file because i wasn't able to upload it directly). Anyway this tool should be perfect to solve my problem as i like to assign biomass amounts to power plants which have restricted capacities. Thanks again.

Best regards
Jukka
0 Kudos
DeeleshMandloi
Esri Contributor
Jukka,
   I don't get any errors when trying to run the tool with the school allocation dataset. Which version of ArcGIS you are using, 9.3 or 10.0?
   In order for me to reproduce the problem can you send me the origin and destination feature classes from your dataset? I also need the network dataset that you are using.
If the size of the dataset is large, you can upload the zip file to the Esri ftp site ftp://ftp.esri.com/ You need to login as " anonymous " and use your e-mail address as the password. Navigate to the /pub/incoming directory and copy the zip file in a new directory.  Let me know once you have uploaded the data.

Deelesh
0 Kudos