AGS: Network element evaluator error: Script control error -2147352319

Jump to solution
01-06-2017 03:18 AM
ThibautDelaere1
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I created a Network Dataset (ArcGIS 10.3.1) with some script evaluators in VBScript. In ArcGIS Desktop I can calculate routes without any issues.

I published the Network Dataset to ArcGIS Server as a Network Analyst service on one machine that had both ArcGIS Desktop and Server installed. I can calculate routes using this service.

Now, I published the Network Dataset to a server with only ArcGIS Server. Same Network Dataset and importing the settings from the service on the other server. Same OS: Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard.

When I now try to calculate a route, I get errors:

The evaluator failed to return a value.

Attribute: HeightRestriction, Source: FT_Fairway_Downstream, OID = 1520, EID = 4327.

Network element evaluator error.

Script Control Error - 2147352319.

I noticed that when changing the script evaluators to Python code for the mentioned evaluator, the error does'nt show up for this evaluator (still for others that are in VBScript).

As Python code is said to be slower and I have many script evaluators, how can I solve this while still using VBScript?

Thanks,

Thibaut

UPDATE:

I installed ArcGIS desktop on the second server with AGS without license (as I don't have one for this machine) and now I can calculate routes. So why do I need to install ArcGIS Desktop to be able to use VBScript script evaluators in a network server?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

In case anyone finds this again, this issue was caused by a bug that was fixed in the 10.5.1 release.  See https://community.esri.com/thread/197171-network-analyst-script-control-error 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

In case anyone finds this again, this issue was caused by a bug that was fixed in the 10.5.1 release.  See https://community.esri.com/thread/197171-network-analyst-script-control-error 

0 Kudos