Vagabonding Mapping Idea

07-01-2019 11:14 AM
DanielScheiner
New Contributor II

I'm a Digital Nomad about 2 months out of the year and I was thinking about an idea for an application to roughly plan my trips around the country (US). Here is a scenario to give an example. I'm going from NYC to San Francisco and have about three weeks before I need to get there and I have a list of about 1000 locations throughout the US that I'd like to check out, obviously, I can't see all of those places but I would like to see some on my way. I'd like to see how many miles I have to drive to keep on schedule and give me options to what I can see on my route. I know that there are solutions for selecting an arrival time or estimating an arrival time based on departure but I don't see an easy way to do what I want to be done. Any ideas? 

1 Comment
MelindaMorang
Status changed to: Closed

I think the feature you're requesting is a "tour" route, to show possible places that can be visited within a given time or distance limit. This is not possible with the tools currently available in Network Analyst, as the algorithms we use for all solvers focus on optimizing the path taken (shortest path problems). The tour problem is fundamentally different and would require implementing a new solver. This is not currently in our product plan.