Click and Drag Application for Editing Line files

11-27-2018 02:21 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I work in Transit and a lot of the people that we work with that are most connected to the on the ground changes often are not the best at technology. So when it comes to giving them the power to create and edit it would be really great to give them an application that would edit the Route alignment for a given detour. The application would allow the user to click and drag a route from one road to another automatically rerouting given the streets turning restrictions. 

Tags (1)
2 Comments
BenjaminDavidson

I work for a Public Transit Agency and this would be a great tool to use at public meetings when we are gathering input from the communities.

MelindaMorang
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

I believe this is often referred to as "rubber banding." Those of you interested in this feature, could you clarify what platform or product you want this in?  What ArcGIS product are you using during your public meetings, and what are your on-the-ground technicians using where they want this behavior to happen?

Incidentally, this behavior is already possible if you create an application using the Javascript API.