Rerouting Error: Route is turning on rerouting when user hasn't left the route

02-13-2023 12:32 PM
slach
by
New Contributor II

Posting this on behalf of a community my company is working with for their snowplow routing.

Currently, we have turn-by-turn routes set up for snowplowing the entire county. Recently some of the drivers mentioned that when they are plowing subdivisions (aka where the roads are close to each other) navigator will cut out and assume they've left the route and start navigating back to it. I am not sure if this is a bug or the intended function of the app.

IF it is the intended function, I would appreciate the option to turn off rerouting for situations like these where the rerouting can kick in incorrectly due to road conditions.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BrentPierce
Esri Contributor

@slach ,

Navigator should only reroute if the driver physically leaves the route in a significant way. The app builds in a tolerance which will keep the driver's location snapped to the current route until they are roughly 10' -15' off the route then triggering the app to generate a new route to the next waypoint along the original route and if the driver continues to stay off the new route a new route will be generated to the next unvisited stop. We need snapping and a tolerance to account for wandering GPS position as well as some multipath issues when in large cities but that's a whole other thread. 

Are there specific places in the data where this happens consistently or frequently?

Thanks,

-Brent

0 Kudos