Select to view content in your preferred language

How many stops can be added to one route?

05-15-2023 11:18 AM
YukoYokozawa
Occasional Contributor

I need to create a route with 600 stops. Can one route have 600 stops?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KerriRasmussen
Esri Contributor

Hi Yuko, 

Could you share some more information on your workflow? Is this one vehicle making over 600 stops in a day? Does each stop need to show up in Navigator?

Thank you,

Kerri

0 Kudos
EmilyNorman
New Contributor

Hi @KerriRasmussen,

I have a similar question to @YukoYokozawa, it is mostly just the headline question that they posted. How many stops can be added to one route? To be more specific for my companies workflow, this would be one vehicle making +50 stops per day preferably in one route, is this possible? My company has Enterprise, and I am looking into the possibility of adding Navigator to our Enterprise subscription, because we are in need of a routing app that has more functionality than Google Maps. I searched in most of the Esri documentation on Navigator and could not find an answer.

Thanks in advance,

Normaney

0 Kudos
KerriRasmussen
Esri Contributor

Hi Normaney,

If you are creating a route for one truck with approximately 50 stops per day, ArcGIS Navigator can handle those routes easily. You can create your routes in ArcGIS Pro or since you have ArcGIS Enterprise, you can use the Routing Tool in ArcGIS Portal. 

Kerri

0 Kudos
RachaelMurtaugh
Occasional Contributor

Yes. You can create a route with 600 stops in ArcPro using the VRP network analysis. The link below is very helpful, and I used the override {"OptimizeForLocalOrders" : "1"}

Network Analyst: Creating High Density Routes with the VRP Solver - YouTube

0 Kudos