Select to view content in your preferred language

How can I get a trial license for Navigator for ArcGIS? I want to try it before I make a decision to use. I downloaded it but there is no way to sign in with Organizational account until I can enable the Navigator license.

04-23-2016 04:59 AM
KrishnaGummuluri1
New Contributor

How can I get a trial license for Navigator for ArcGIS?  I want to try it before I make a decision to use.  I downloaded it but there is no way to sign in with Organizational account until I can enable the Navigator license.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
BuffaloCoWI
Occasional Contributor

Scott, with Navigator, is there any way to implement offline USNG or MGRS  location search and routing. I have both the 1000m and 100m grids that can be placed in the mobile map package.  I could then build a locator to find those features. The question is wow can we provide a search, locate and route for smaller 1m USGN/MGRS features that we can't load into a mobile map package?  I see it possible to search and locate 1m USNG locations using the myUSNG app while offline.  I'm just not sure how they implemented it.

0 Kudos
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Hi Jason,

USNG and MGRS location search is not supported in Navigator today.  I see that the myUSNG app provides this behavior, but I'm pretty certain that this was implemented with custom code, rather than geocoding functionality with a locator and a style.  We are working toward supporting this type of location search in new locator technology in 2018, and that will work it's way into Runtime, and then Navigator (and other apps).

0 Kudos
BuffaloCoWI
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Scott...

I'm glad its in the pipeline that will be a great feature.

What about custom raster tile package basemaps in Navigator. I thought I saw that this also might be coming...

For the moment Is there a way to side load a tile package directly to the device that Navigator can use.

I see that there might be something for Survey123 and Collector can do for side loading.

Cheers

Jason

0 Kudos
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Hi Jason,

Rasters in the .mmpk that Navigator uses - that's something we are also looking at.

Today you can side load the .mmpk onto the Navigator device.  Through iTunes for iOS or for Android it's the "ArcGIS/mmpks" folder.

0 Kudos
BuffaloCoWI
Occasional Contributor

Ok thanks... I was just wondering if a raster tile package tpk could be side loaded directly to the device much like what's being done for Survey123.

0 Kudos
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Not today with Navigator.

0 Kudos