CarPlay/Android Auto integrations for Runtime Apps

07-05-2019 10:53 AM
JohnMDye
Occasional Contributor III

Since more modern cars are coming with CarPlay and Android Auto support, I think it would be great to be able to get CarPlay/Android Auto integrations for the runtime apps.

At a minimum, I would think Navigator and Tracker would be prime candidates for this. I'm actually surprised that Navigator doesn't already have this feature. I could see Workforce benefiting from it as well.

Collector would be great too, but I can see all kinds of problems with that in terms of "distracted driver" issues. Even so, I could see it being very useful for digitizing service roads or new streets, off road trails and such. Just set collector to some sort of 'stream collection' mode, tell it your speed and drive the route at that speed.

If even a halfway solution could be figured out, a CarPlay/Android Auto solution would be a lot better than what is probably already happening in scenarios where someone is driving and using one of these apps at the same time.

3 Comments
ThomasButton

Totally agree with this, currently i have field agents needing to use car-play for navigation if it had collector it would be a game changer.

EricCollinsOVV

Agree with the above. Our company has strict distracted driver policies and Having Navigator as an approved Carplay app would be significantly helpful, particularly in iOs.

AlinaShemetova

Please provide update on whether this is going to be possible anytime soon.  Would be great to have integrate.  Thank you!