Select to view content in your preferred language

Register EntGDB: Server requires encryption, set 'encrypt' config option to true.

Jump to solution
08-21-2023 11:23 AM
julian_svcs
Frequent Contributor

When I try to connect to an Azure SQL Database (<conn_name>.database.windows.net:1433) when registering a SQL Server component for ArcGIS Monitor, I get the following error:

• Server requires encryption, set 'encrypt' config option to true.

I have tried the following options which also do not work:

• <conn_name>.database.windows.net:1433;Encrypt=true
  • <conn_name>.database.windows.net:1433;Encrypt=True
  • <conn_name>.database.windows.net:1433;Encrypt=yes
  • <conn_name>.database.windows.net:1433;Encrypt=true;TrustServerCertificate=true
  • <conn_name>.database.windows.net:1433;Encrypt=yes;TrustServerCertificate=yes

Am I able to add "Encrypt" into my Address to enforce this with my connection?

Thank you very much.

Julian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Julian,

Connecting to encrypted databases is a feature coming in Monitor 2023.3. It is not possible to connect to encrypted databases in the current release.

Josh

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Mukesh-A
New Contributor

Having similar issues not able to register Azure SQLMI database connection

0 Kudos
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Julian,

Connecting to encrypted databases is a feature coming in Monitor 2023.3. It is not possible to connect to encrypted databases in the current release.

Josh

julian_svcs
Frequent Contributor

Thanks @GeoJosh for the feedback Josh. Any idea when Monitor 2023.3 is going to be released?

This is not urgent yet to monitor the geodatabase but could become in three or four months time.

0 Kudos
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Julian,

The team is targeting late fall of this year but no date has been set in stone and this is subject to change.

Josh