Select to view content in your preferred language

Network Speed - Where does Monitor obtain that value for the hosts?

Wednesday
SGTomlins
New Contributor III

Greetings,

I have the HOSTS page open in Monitor. (Version 2023.3.1)  The far right side column labeled "Network Speed" has values of 40,000 Mbps and 50,000 Mbps.  I would like to know where this value is derived from.  I am not able to discover these values in the Azure admin interface, and the Azure documentation states that ....

"The network bandwidth allocated to each virtual machine is metered on egress (outbound) traffic from the virtual machine. All network traffic leaving the virtual machine is counted toward the allocated limit, regardless of destination. For example, if a virtual machine has a 1,000-Mbps limit, that limit applies whether the outbound traffic is destined for another virtual machine in the same virtual network, or outside of Azure.

Ingress isn't metered or limited directly. However, there are other factors, such as CPU and storage limits, which can affect a virtual machine’s ability to process incoming data."

These different "Network Speed" values occur on Virtual Servers with the same designations.  ie. "Standard_D8s_v3".  Notably, the CPU types are different as well.  

My intent for this inquiry is to find my "bottleneck".  Other than the Troll Bridge they call a firewall, I would like to know how to improve the performance between servers in the same Azure subscription.  Why would I have a 20% difference in bandwidth between my database server and Server/Portal servers?

Thank you if you got this far in my post...   🙂

All the best,

Steve

0 Kudos
0 Replies