Select to view content in your preferred language

Getting bogus alerts for counters that I removed ages ago. (Monitor 10.8.1)

Jump to solution
02-15-2023 04:17 PM
Royce_Simpson
Regular Contributor

For some reason, I'm getting "item not running or behind schedule" alerts on four items that no longer exist.  I've searched through all the Administrator counters that I have set up and cannot find any that match these alerts.  I removed any reference to servers with these names ages ago.  See the attached screenshot of the Monitor Alerts web page.  I have 4 open alerts for servers that I decommissioned ages ago and have removed out of Monitor Administrator.  It's like these are orphaned alerts and I have no way of removing them.

Is there any way I can get rid of these alerts?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FrankPizzi
Esri Contributor

Hello,

There is a ArcGIS Administrator workflow that can lead to the condition you are experiencing.
Please try the following

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/monitor/10.6/administration/clean-views.htm#:~:text=Expand%20the%20...

When you clear the views, your monitor will appear empty until all of the collections have completed.
Please clear views and wait for about an hour for all the defined monitor data to be available.

This step should remove the notifications you are receiving.

Here is how a workflow could create the condition that you have described.
Administrator edits collection in ArcGIS Monitor Administrator and the local definition that support collection are updated. However,
The ArcGIS Monitor Server needs to be notified of the change to clear the views (server side representation of defined items to be monitored).
If the view is not updated for any reason, the server will report late collections as it still considers the counters in scope.

Please try clearing the views and let the monitor collect on all the defined items and the condition should be corrected.

Hope helps,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
FrankPizzi
Esri Contributor

Hello,

There is a ArcGIS Administrator workflow that can lead to the condition you are experiencing.
Please try the following

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/monitor/10.6/administration/clean-views.htm#:~:text=Expand%20the%20...

When you clear the views, your monitor will appear empty until all of the collections have completed.
Please clear views and wait for about an hour for all the defined monitor data to be available.

This step should remove the notifications you are receiving.

Here is how a workflow could create the condition that you have described.
Administrator edits collection in ArcGIS Monitor Administrator and the local definition that support collection are updated. However,
The ArcGIS Monitor Server needs to be notified of the change to clear the views (server side representation of defined items to be monitored).
If the view is not updated for any reason, the server will report late collections as it still considers the counters in scope.

Please try clearing the views and let the monitor collect on all the defined items and the condition should be corrected.

Hope helps,

Royce_Simpson
Regular Contributor

Man, days of hair pulling on this and ... clean views... fixed.  Thank you!!!

0 Kudos