Select to view content in your preferred language

error message: New-CimSession : WinRM cannot process the request. The following error with error code 0x80090311 occurred when

Jump to solution
02-20-2023 04:25 AM
EmilioTomeBlasco
Occasional Contributor

when I try to register a new component my host in ArcGIS Monitor 2023 I get the following error message:
New-CimSession : WinRM cannot process the request. The following error with error code 0x80090311 occurred when

and it won't let me register it.

I have done the solution in this link to enable permissions for wmi - cimv2 but without success:
https://doc.arcgis.com/en/monitor/latest/get-started/linux/enable-permissions-for-wmi-cimv2.htm

Yes, I have been able to register the components of my Enterprise without problems.

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Emilio,

Can you please try adding the ArcGIS Monitor machine as a trusted host on the machine you are trying to register for monitoring? On that machine:

1. Open a Powershell console as an administrator.
  2. Replace <machine> with the ArcGIS Monitor fully qualified domain name and then run:
Set-Item WSMan:\localhost\Client\TrustedHosts -Value <machine>
  1. Restart the Windows Remote Management service.
  2. Try registering the host again in Monitor.

Josh

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Owais777
New Contributor

I am facing the same issues. Any update how to resolve it

0 Kudos
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Emilio,

Can you please try adding the ArcGIS Monitor machine as a trusted host on the machine you are trying to register for monitoring? On that machine:

1. Open a Powershell console as an administrator.
  2. Replace <machine> with the ArcGIS Monitor fully qualified domain name and then run:
Set-Item WSMan:\localhost\Client\TrustedHosts -Value <machine>
  1. Restart the Windows Remote Management service.
  2. Try registering the host again in Monitor.

Josh

EmilioTomeBlasco
Occasional Contributor

It is possible that it is a problem of permissions of the main administrator of my machine or the administrator of the domain, after executing the command localhostClientTrustedHosts -Value in my <machine> PowerShell, I receive the error that I show in the image. I will talk to my IT team

0 Kudos
WhitneyLoy
Regular Contributor

I am also having the same issue after following all the steps mentioned above for one host, all others have been connected successfully.

0 Kudos
LanceKirby2
Frequent Contributor

Hey @EmilioTomeBlasco, did you ever figure out a resolution to this?

0 Kudos