Select to view content in your preferred language

Capturing ArcSOC crashes on ArcGIS Monitor

08-06-2024 07:07 AM
NaveenK
Occasional Contributor

Hey Guys,

Another question - Which metrics should be used to capture ArcSOC crashes on ArcGIS server? Is it possible to get this directly?

Thanks,

Naveen

4 Replies
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @NaveenK,

Have you taken a look at the "Process Instances - arcsoc.exe" metrics on the host components? This may meet your need.

Josh

NaveenK
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @GeoJosh - This should help by specifying a value(hard code min instance value).

To be more dynamic, I am wondering how to setup something like this - If the number of running SOC for a service is less than the min no of instance on an ArcGIS server host, then send out an alert. I am unable to figure out if this is achievable. Thanks

GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @NaveenK,

It is not currently possible to set alert rules for one metric based on the values for another metric. This is an interesting use case that I would like to know more about, though. What situations lead to the number of running SOC processes being less than the configured minimum? Is this a common problem in your Enterprise environment?

Josh

MichaelDawson77
New Contributor

This is something I would also be interested in.  There are times when, during the recycling of the service, things do not fully come back up.  Knowing this when it happens can help us be more pro active in fixing things before our customers tell us they can not edit or there app is down.