Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Monitor 2023.2 - Issue when trying to view webpage on iPad or Mobile Device (desktop mode)

01-04-2024 08:49 AM
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello Monitor Team, 

Are you aware of any limitations when trying to view ArcGIS Monitor 2023.2 on a tablet/ipad or mobile device in desktop mode? 

I understand the screen size resolution requirements, this isn't what we're seeing. We're seeing a error that says "This site cannot be reached":

Amanda__Huber_0-1704386813141.png

We've tested this issue across multiple device OSs and browsers, same issue. 

We are able to reach this site on a desktop computer with no issues. 

We opened an Esri Support case for this but the case was closed and unresolved. Therefore we're reaching out here to see if anyone can provide us with additional information. 

Many thanks!

- Amanda Huber

5 Replies
BrettFrahm
Occasional Contributor II

On an Ipad using safari we can get to the login screen, but when we enter in the credentials nothing happens.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Amanda__Huber,

We're seeing a error that says "This site cannot be reached"

This sounds like a web page/site access issue, not something to do with ArcGIS Monitor. I would check with your IT dept, to ensure the devices have correct access to your organization's internal resources.

Are you aware of any limitations when trying to view ArcGIS Monitor 2023.2 on a tablet/ipad or mobile device in desktop mode? 

When you attempt to access the ArcGIS Monitor web app on a smart phone device, you will see the following screen:

MobileView_ErrorMsg.png

I tested accessing the ArcGIS Monitor web app on tablet such as an iPad, and I was able to load the sign in page. After entering credentials, the app failed to load (so similar behavior to @BrettFrahm's post). I believe something's amiss.

@Amanda__Huber  and @BrettFrahm: Please open up a tech support case again, mention this thread - so we can investigate further.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Derek, 

Thanks for your quick response. Thanks for letting us know what you see on your end. We'll do more testing regarding the "site cannot be reached" error with our team and re-open the Esri support case regarding the login issue to see if we can get to the bottom of it. 

Thanks again!

- Amanda Huber

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Amanda__Huber,

We've done some additional testing and it looks like ArcGIS Monitor 2023.3 works on tablets.

ArcGIS Monitor on iPad pic - s.png

Unfortunately, ArcGIS Monitor 2023.2 and earlier releases do not run properly on tablets. We suspect it has something to do with an older Calcite component library being used in the UI/UX.

Please upgrade your Monitor installation to the 2023.3 release.

EDIT: Actually, please wait for the ArcGIS Monitor 2023.3.1 update that is coming out by the end of Jan.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Derek, 

Thanks so much for testing more and the update. We just upgraded to 2023.3 and we're in luck, it worked great on our end! Thank you so much for your time!

- Amanda Huber

0 Kudos