Select to view content in your preferred language

Analyst ArcGIS Server Cores Utilization with ArcGIS Monitor

Jump to solution
09-06-2024 10:24 PM
GisMan
by
Emerging Contributor

Please help to Analyst ArcGIS Server Cores Utilization with ArcGIS Monitor to prove that arcgis server can utilize 100% of server performance. I would appreciate if anyone can provide with screen shot sample.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @GisMan,

Thanks for clarifying. You can view how many cores are being used by ArcGIS Server on its own machine by viewing the metric on the host component properties.

Monitoring tab > select the host where ArcGIS Server is installed on > Metrics sub tab > CPU Cores Utilized - this represents the number of logical CPU cores in use.

Cores Utilized.png

The data expression to query for this in an analysis view,

Cores Utilized_DE.png

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DerekLaw

Hi @GisMan,

It's not clear to me what you are asking for. Can you please elaborate? What are you wanting to show in ArcGIS Monitor? 

FYI, this blog might be helpful: 5 Useful ArcGIS Server Analysis Elements in ArcGIS Monitor

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
GisMan
by
Emerging Contributor

Hi @DerekLaw 

By the Esri Licensing ArcGIS Enterprise Deployments document,

1) An 8-core physical machine would use and “up-to-4 core”
license for ArcGIS Enterprise plus 4 “additional cores” so
that all 8 cores are licensed.

So it is clear for me about the license but for the performance. My question is how can i monitor my arcgis server CUP utilization that used 100% of cores available in my physical machine? I know that ArcGIS Monitor already have CPU Utilization Analysis but I think it is for all services running on that machine. I would like to know if I install my arcgis server in 8 cores server machine separated with other components to increase performance, how can I make analysis in ArcGIS Monitor about CPU Utilization with available cores that my ArcGIS Server Utilized? or How to know my ArcGIS Server utilized all available cores my physical machine?

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi @GisMan,

Can you please clarify this statement,

I would like to know if I install my arcgis server in 8 cores server machine separated with other components to increase performance ...

Do you have all ArcGIS Enterprise components (Enterprise portal, ArcGIS Server, and ArcGIS Data Store) installed on the same machine - and you are asking how much CPU is being used by just ArcGIS Server? 

or

Do you have just ArcGIS Server installed on its own machine - and you are asking how much CPU it uses from the 8 cores available? 

0 Kudos
GisMan
by
Emerging Contributor

Hi @DerekLaw 

ArcGIS Server installed on its own machine to benefits all of the resources that machine have .

Thanks

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi @GisMan,

Thanks for clarifying. You can view how many cores are being used by ArcGIS Server on its own machine by viewing the metric on the host component properties.

Monitoring tab > select the host where ArcGIS Server is installed on > Metrics sub tab > CPU Cores Utilized - this represents the number of logical CPU cores in use.

Cores Utilized.png

The data expression to query for this in an analysis view,

Cores Utilized_DE.png

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
GisMan
by
Emerging Contributor

Dear @DerekLaw 

I'm very thankful to your support.