Select to view content in your preferred language

Create alerts based on log files and log levels

05-30-2023 06:26 AM
gbogota_teranet
Emerging Contributor

When check the alerts, some of them doesn't generate log files. Also, some log messages with severe level of severity should generate alerts but they don't do it.

It would be useful for Administrators to create alerts based on log messages and log levels. At the same time, ArcGIS Monitor must include an option to add exemptions to alerts because it is a known issue or something will be solved after patching or enhancement on services.

Just now, we have to analyze the log messages separately of ArcGIS Monitor and using scripting to be aware of errors and unexpected behaviors in ArcGIS Server or Portal for ArcGIS.

2 Comments
GeoJosh
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Hello,

Thank you for the detailed feedback. I have communicated this to the development team so that it can be considered for a future release.

Josh

Corey_Gens

Like legacy ArcGIS Monitor it would be great if we could trigger notifications based on Portal and Server logs. It would be really beneficial if the notifications themselves could display the log information instead of linking back to Monitor. Lastly if we could filter what logs are included in notifications based on log level (i.e. Severe but not Verbose) and keywords (i.e. we could exclude logs for incorrect passwords).