Excel Report for ArcGIS Monitor

05-22-2023 07:00 PM
AndrewSakowicz
Esri Contributor
3 10 2,617

Get started

Excel Report for ArcGIS Monitor provides information about components, logs, metrics, and alerts. 

To run using provided executable for windows, unzip ExcelReport.zip from

https://prof-services.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=248e22510a454e9c906204d3ad45adca

go to dist folder and execute from command line:

ExcelReport.exe -f sampleConfig.json
version: 20231214.2

Note, this utility is not an ArcGIS Monitor product supported feature or a supported Esri product. 

Overview

Excel Report for ArcGIS Monitor provides information about

1. Components
    1. Overview table (e.g., see below host _components)
    2. logs for ArcGIS Portal and Server (e.g., see below arcgis_server_log)
  2. Metrics
    1. Statistics table for a selected metric name (e.g., see below host_CPU_Utilized)
    2. Top 10 components chart (there is no hyperlink.  It is assumed users will click the above statistics worksheet and navigate to the left worksheet)
    3. Alerts chart (there is no hyperlink.  It is assumed users will click the above statistics worksheet and navigate to the left worksheet)
  3. Key Performance Indicators
    1. highest alerting status
  4. Alerting components

AndrewSakowicz_1-1684804669514.png

Component overview

AndrewSakowicz_2-1684804894648.png

ArcGIS Server Log

AndrewSakowicz_3-1684804921474.png

Metric statistics

AndrewSakowicz_4-1684804982191.png

Top 10 components

AndrewSakowicz_5-1684805015071.png

Alerting components

AndrewSakowicz_6-1684805107354.png

Note, this utility is not an ArcGIS Monitor product supported feature or a supported Esri product. 

10 Comments
Mark_Prettyman
New Contributor III

Hi!  The link above, to download ExcelReport.zip, requires Esri credentials or an AGOL login...but my AGOL login only returns the "not a member of this organization" error.  Should I be using different credentials other than my AGOL login, or could the file be made public (like the recent ArcSOC Optimizer is)?  Thanks!

Tobias_Gerber
New Contributor III

I have the same behaviour and cannot download the ExcelReport.zip. Please make the file public accessible like the recent new version of the ArcSOC Optimizer.

AndrewSakowicz
Esri Contributor

@Mark_Prettyman , @Tobias_Gerber .  Thank you, my mistake.  This is fixed.

ManojKumar4
New Contributor

Hey Andrew,
Can we get this functionality added to ArcGIS Monitor site page as it was at 10.8.1 ?

Thanks,

Manoj Kumar

JamesBratton
Occasional Contributor

Is this supposed to have the same output as the Excel Report for Monitor 10.8?  I don't see as much information listed.  For instance, on the old version, there was a AGSServiceTr tab.  I don't see this on the current report.  There is a svcReqReceived tab, but it is mostly blank.

BHK
by
New Contributor III

Hi 

Thanks for this, and can you please let me know if there is a way that we can specify the output directory  to a Custom path and is there any way that we can automate this using Windows Task Scheduler? if Yes so how can I update the dates in "end_time" for always last 30 days instead of hard coding like 

"year":2024, "month":3, "day":3, "hour":24

AndrewSakowicz
Esri Contributor
  1. output directory cannot be changed relative to the executable.  But you can move all folders to any directory.
  2. this is a command line tool and can be run through WTS as any other command line.
  3. Last 30 days example:

"end_time":  {"now": true,

"year":2021, "month":10, "day":4, "hour":19} ,

"past_days":30,

"past_hours":0,

BHK
by
New Contributor III

Thanks Andrew,

So if we have the option of "now": true, and  "past_days":30, or"past_days":15, and Do we still need to explicitly pass these options  "year":2021, "month":10, "day":4, "hour":19 ? what is the point of using them?

AndrewSakowicz
Esri Contributor

if  "now": true,  "year":2021, "month":10, "day":4, "hour":19 is ignored. 

The below examples might help:

Last 30 days from now:

"end_time":  {"now": true,

last 30 days from "year":2021, "month":10, "day":4, "hour":19:

"end_time":  {"now": false,

MKR
by
New Contributor III

Is it possible to confirm a list of valid timezones for the excel report tool?

I am looking for BST (British Summer Time)

Thanks!