Select to view content in your preferred language

Utilizing Long-Lat-Altitude for other Actors which are not ArcGIS actors

a week ago
piercze
New Contributor II

I'm trying to create a whole set of game actors whose positions I would like to determine by Long-Lat-Altitude instead of xyz. These actors are simple interactive icons with light animation.

I've tried Add ArcGIS Location Components to them.

Here's a tangible step that I can't solve: I can't figure out how to even print the L-L-A Position geocoordinates of any actor, including the ArcGIS default pawn, or any normal unreal actor with an ArcGIS Location Component. The Get Position node (within ArcGIS SDK) outputs a name, for example, instead of a Vector or string with L-L-A.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jade
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

actor->ArcGISLocation->Position should give you the position. 

0 Kudos
piercze
New Contributor II

Hi Jade, thanks for the reply. 

I'm in an Actor BP that has an ArcGIS Location Component. From the 'Get Position' node below, the Return Value wants to give an Arc GIS Point Object Reference. Is there documentation for how to setup Point Object References? 

Is it only through ArcGIS Point Object References that I'm able to Get and Set ArcGIS Location Components that are attached to Actors?

Screenshot 2024-07-23 160649.png

0 Kudos
piercze
New Contributor II

Is this the pathway you're referring to when you say: actor->ArcGISLocation->Position ?

0 Kudos
piercze
New Contributor II

This is a bit clunky, but it does return the Long-Lat-Alt! The Vector variable on the right side serves my purpose.
There doesn't seem to be a node called 'Get Location' with 'Target is ArcGIS Point', but there are independent Get X, Get Y, Get Z nodes.

Screenshot 2024-07-23 162657.png