Select to view content in your preferred language

Unreal Engine 5.1 crash when removing Integrated Mesh Layers

Jump to solution
07-09-2023 09:30 AM
NhaNguyenDinh
New Contributor II

Hello, community!
I'm using ArcGIS SDK for Unreal Engine version 1.2 and I want to turn on and off Integrated Mesh Layers (using the remove function)

NhaNguyenDinh_0-1688919422183.png

But when I loop through the ArcGIS Layer component to remove layers, the engine crashes.

NhaNguyenDinh_1-1688919502900.png

Example: I have 27 items in the Layer Position array, after removing 14 items the engine crash.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomoTakeda
Esri Contributor

Hi, 

Thanks for your post. 

I tried to reproduce the crash with the plugin and UE version but I haven't managed to do so.
I don't see any crash when I removed an integrated mesh scene layer from the map with many layers.

I'm wondering if the crash was caused by trying to remove a layer with an index that doesn't exist anymore. Can you check if the index number of the layer you are trying to remove is correct?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TomoTakeda
Esri Contributor

Hi, 

Thanks for your post. 

I tried to reproduce the crash with the plugin and UE version but I haven't managed to do so.
I don't see any crash when I removed an integrated mesh scene layer from the map with many layers.

I'm wondering if the crash was caused by trying to remove a layer with an index that doesn't exist anymore. Can you check if the index number of the layer you are trying to remove is correct?

NhaNguyenDinh
New Contributor II

Yes! That's why the engine crashed. When I remove layers from the array, the index no longer remains accurate. Therefore, instead of using the index to remove layers, it would be preferable to use the layer's name.
Thank you for your support!

0 Kudos