Select to view content in your preferred language

Sliding down the globe

07-21-2022 06:47 AM
AydinUluc
New Contributor II

Hi,

We succesfully implemented a drone, first person and a VR camera inside Unreal 5.02 together with ArcGIS SDK for Unreal (didn't update to the release version yet). When you setup a project on one side of the globe (in this case the Netherlands) everything works great and can switch between all the different cameras (see screenshots globe 1 and globe 2). 

Then when we setup a project in the US (California) then hit play you fall down and see slide around the globe down:). See the images. 

Am I missing something? Or is there a setting to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Matt_Nelson
Esri Contributor

Were you considering updating to the release version soon? It is a bit easier to communicate about these things in this case. 

When you update the camera position could you also try updating the map's origin position to be in the same part of the world? This should update it so that the normalized vector to the earth is pointing up

0 Kudos
AydinUluc
New Contributor II

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the fast reply. Hopefully this weekend because we were in the middle of some development and were afraid to break stuff:).

We will check this suggestion.

Matt_Nelson
Esri Contributor

Sounds good, keep us posted

0 Kudos
Matt_Nelson
Esri Contributor

Do you have large worlds enabled?

0 Kudos
AydinUluc
New Contributor II

Hi Matt,

Yes that is enabled and upgraded to 1.0.0 finally. Testing the sliding issue and will post our results.

0 Kudos
AydinUluc
New Contributor II

I think we solved the sliding issue doing this.normalized_vector.jpg

As always, thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
AydinUluc
New Contributor II

When we use the solution as shown up we face another problem. Even when we change the map origin when switching between projects the UE coordinates of the corresponding map actor remain the same.

When we add a 3d object in 1 place and then switch to a complete different location the same objects appear on that location too. 

object.pngjurupa.png

0 Kudos
AydinUluc
New Contributor II

I think we found the issue with the objects but need to understand one 1 more thing before implementing this. 

When we add a cube, add a ArcGISLocation component to the cube and place it in the location we want everything works great. Even switching between locations, we don't have the problem as described above. 

• Do you need to add an ArcGISLocation component to each of the objects you are adding to the scene?

Because if we don't add this component to our object the same object will appear in every location around the globe. If we add this component it will show only where you place and add the ArcGISLocation component.

Maybe I am missing something?

0 Kudos
Matt_Nelson
Esri Contributor

If you are going to be changing the Map's origin you will need to attach a location component. That is how we anchor objects to real world positions in the world. I am not sure I understand if you are having a problem with that.

0 Kudos