Select to view content in your preferred language

Map controls not working on mobile device

10-06-2022 08:46 AM
FrantišekMužík
New Contributor III

Hello,

Iam having an issue with controlling a map on mobile device. The map is working fine in Unity editor while using mouse and keyboard. Although zoom in by mouse wheel is not working either for some reason. Anyway when I export the application with the map to the mobile device, the map is not responding to any touch controls. The other UI elements (buttons) are working fine. 

Is there a way to fix this issue? I hope the problem is clearly described. If not, please white a comment for more information. 

Thank you

FM

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Matt_Nelson
Esri Contributor

The ArcGIS Camera controller component is something we ship with the SDK is something we consider a "sample" component. By that we mean that we are not going to attempt to create camera locomotion for every possible user scenario/experience. So at the moment you will need to create your own camera controller to move on mobile. At some point we will add a sample for mobile but hopefully that component combined with unity resources is enough for you to get started

0 Kudos
FrantišekMužík
New Contributor III

Thank you for the reply! I understand that but it seems strange that the camera movement was working fine while using beta version of the plugin. It stoped working after updtating  the plugin to version 1.0.0

0 Kudos
FrantišekMužík
New Contributor III

@Matt_Nelson Is the mobile controller or more indepth mobile support planned to be added in the near futurue? I found out that a new version of the plugin is planned to be released in late 2022/early 2023 (https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-maps-sdk-for-unity-questions/vector-tile-maps/m-p/1192207/highl...), so is there a chance of a bigger mobile support comming in this update? Thank you for the answer! 

0 Kudos
Matt_Nelson
Esri Contributor

The only thing we changed with the camera controller was adding support for both the new and old input system so you can try switching the input system manager.