Select to view content in your preferred language

3D Object Scene Layer doesnt want to render in conjunction with the basemap

Jump to solution
05-31-2024 05:39 AM
mz12345
New Contributor

I followed the C# maps API tutorial from Arcgis. I am trying to render the OSM 3D buildings layer on top of the basemap. The buildings dont show unless I remove the basemap. Here the code:

Apologies for the low quality photo still figuring out how to take a ss on mac. function of interest is CreateArcMap3D()

dontwork.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

I see you're using the map type local, note that currently "The OSM 3D Buildings layer will work in global scenes when using the geographic coordinate system WGS84 or the projected coordinate system Web Mercator (Auxiliary Sphere), and in local scenes when using the geographic coordinate system WGS84." (Release notes | ArcGIS Maps SDK for Unity | ArcGIS Developers).

I suspect that when you include the basemap, the map is assuming the spatial reference of the basemap, which is Web Mercator, and then cannot support displaying the global buildings layer. Note you should see layer load or view state warnings to indicate this. This is the default behavior for establishing the spatial reference of the map unless you explicitly set this property. Are you able to use the global map mode? 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MarkusWall1
New Contributor III

Hi, sorry, I can not help you with your problem, but you can take Screenshots on Mac using Cmd + shift + 5 for a menu or Cmd + Shift + 4 to pick an area. Cmd + Shift + 3 makes a screenshot of the whole screen.

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

I see you're using the map type local, note that currently "The OSM 3D Buildings layer will work in global scenes when using the geographic coordinate system WGS84 or the projected coordinate system Web Mercator (Auxiliary Sphere), and in local scenes when using the geographic coordinate system WGS84." (Release notes | ArcGIS Maps SDK for Unity | ArcGIS Developers).

I suspect that when you include the basemap, the map is assuming the spatial reference of the basemap, which is Web Mercator, and then cannot support displaying the global buildings layer. Note you should see layer load or view state warnings to indicate this. This is the default behavior for establishing the spatial reference of the map unless you explicitly set this property. Are you able to use the global map mode? 

0 Kudos
mz12345
New Contributor

Setting the map type to global worked for me, thanks

0 Kudos