Unable to open .aix file in Illustrator CC

Jump to solution
08-04-2020 01:38 PM
Clarson
New Contributor III

I am attempting to open an .aix (Adobe Illustrator Exchange) file exported from ArcGIS Pro into Illustrator CC (24.2.3) Illustrator is telling me that it is an unknown format and cannot be opened. I don't even see .aix as an available file format in the "open" window. I have the ArcGIS Maps for Creative Cloud extension installed and am signed in to the ArcGIS Online account that I administer.

Can anyone help me figure out how to use this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ClementLarson
New Contributor II

I attempted the repair but am still unable to open the .aix, due to it not being a valid file type. The extension was downloaded from the ESRI product page and installed for all users.

*the repair did not work, but an uninstall/re-install did, the .aix is opening fine now. Looking forward to adding this extension to my workflow.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

Hi Clement - Could you pls confirm what is the version of the extension installed? You can find it when you sign in or in the extensions Mapboard or Compilation panel menu > Help.

0 Kudos
Clarson
New Contributor III

I am on version 2.0.1. 

0 Kudos
MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

Hi Clement, 

Looks like you have the correct version. Unfortunately, I am unable to replicate it so I suspect that the installation of the extension did not completed correctly. Are you a local administrator on your PC that you are installing the extension to? If you choose the install for all users option while installing then this is a requirement. Could you run repair on the installation and see if that fixes it?

I have 2 follow on questions to try to piece together what is missing -
1. do you recall how you installed version 2.0.1 - did you download the install file from our product page and then install OR did you follow an in-app update notification and update accordingly.

2. When installing do you choose to install for all users of the PC or do you choose the just for me option.

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks

Madhura

0 Kudos
ClementLarson
New Contributor II

I attempted the repair but am still unable to open the .aix, due to it not being a valid file type. The extension was downloaded from the ESRI product page and installed for all users.

*the repair did not work, but an uninstall/re-install did, the .aix is opening fine now. Looking forward to adding this extension to my workflow.

MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

Thats good to know .. thanks for confirming. 

0 Kudos
DavidNovak
Esri Contributor

Hello everyone,
we had same issue asClement Larson‌. Final solution was clean unistall ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud and also Adobe Illustrator twice time.

This is solution probably, because Clement Larson did the same thing.

David.

0 Kudos
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

If you installed ArcGIS Maps for Abobe Creative Cloud using "Only for me" but Illustrator does not recognise the .AIX format, try reinstalling it using "Anyone who uses this computer"

ChrisUnderwood_0-1680084685485.png

0 Kudos