Select to view content in your preferred language

New Error opening AIX file with Illustrator 27.1

Jump to solution
12-05-2022 11:53 AM
MarthaBostwick1
Emerging Contributor

Today while teaching a class we noticed that some students Illustrator software had updated overnight to 27.1, and the others were still on 27.0.1. Anyone who had the update were no longer able to open their AIX files. Received a message "This File Is Damaged". Those students still on 27.0,1 were able to open as usual.

Has anyone else run into this issue with 27.1 update, and if so, is there a solution? We tried uninstalling Maps for Creative Cloud and reinstalling, but the problem persists. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
XingdongZhang
Esri Contributor

@ChrisMyers_NewQuest Thank you for helping out.

@MarthaBostwick1 We have checked Adobe's latest announcement but found some inconsistencies. Their doc indicates that there is a new release 27.1 published yesterday on Dec 5th https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/whats-new.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiA7bucBhCeARIsAIOwr-8ZvGLYzPppR.... When we looked at the Creative Cloud Desktop app, there is no version 27.1 available. The latest of Illustrator is still version 27.0.1. We are reaching out to the Adobe team for clarification. I will keep you informed with any news from Adobe. Meanwhile please keep using Maps for Adobe on Illustrator 27.0.1 as @ChrisMyers_NewQuest suggested above. 

Best,

Xingdong

Maps for Adobe Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ChrisMyers_NewQuest
Regular Contributor

Hi Martha, 

I'm sure someone from the Maps for Creative Cloud team can/will reply better than I, but one thing I would try is to revert your Illustrator version back to 27.0. Often when Illustrator updates, the Esri team needs a few days to patch the mapping extension. I haven't tested (as I haven't updated AI yet), but this has worked for us in the past. 

You can revert your Illustrator back to a previous version from the Creative Cloud app. 

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos
MarthaBostwick1
Emerging Contributor

Thanks - that was going to be my suggested fix if we got no other replies! I wasn't sure how to revert the software back, but I'll look into it now.

ChrisMyers_NewQuest
Regular Contributor
XingdongZhang
Esri Contributor

@ChrisMyers_NewQuest Thank you for helping out.

@MarthaBostwick1 We have checked Adobe's latest announcement but found some inconsistencies. Their doc indicates that there is a new release 27.1 published yesterday on Dec 5th https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/whats-new.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiA7bucBhCeARIsAIOwr-8ZvGLYzPppR.... When we looked at the Creative Cloud Desktop app, there is no version 27.1 available. The latest of Illustrator is still version 27.0.1. We are reaching out to the Adobe team for clarification. I will keep you informed with any news from Adobe. Meanwhile please keep using Maps for Adobe on Illustrator 27.0.1 as @ChrisMyers_NewQuest suggested above. 

Best,

Xingdong

Maps for Adobe Team

0 Kudos
MarthaBostwick1
Emerging Contributor

Thanks for the reply. About half of the students have their software set to automatically update, and they had v 27.1 on Monday morning. I will ask them to revert to 27.0.1 for now! I did this, and my Maps for Creative Cloud now works again.

0 Kudos
XingdongZhang
Esri Contributor

Hello @MarthaBostwick1,

I have got the latest Illustrator v27.1 and tested Maps for Adobe 3.3 on both Windows and macOS. I cannot reproduce the error you attached. Could you please share the AIX file with us? Could you also specify the setup of your machine?

- OS version

- Locale and language setting

- Illustrator v27.1 language setting

- Illustrator v27.1 installation folder

Thanks,

Maps for Adobe Team

0 Kudos
MarthaBostwick1
Emerging Contributor

Hi, my machine is from my institution, so has an enterprise image. 

Edition Windows 10 Education
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎2021-‎08-‎16
OS build 19043.2251
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

Located in Canada, using English. 

Illustrator v27.1 English

Illustrator is installed in C:\ProgramFiles

I also had 5 of my students experience the issue. They are in an online program and all use personal machines for their software, so are on a variety of Windows installs - some Windows 10 and some Windows 11. 

Note about attachment: When I tried to attach an AIX file directly, I get this message

The attachment's thematic_locator.aix content type (application/octet-stream) does not match its file extension and has been removed.

so I attached as a zip instead. There were 3 files altogether, but the other 2 were too large for the size limits of attachments.

0 Kudos
XingdongZhang
Esri Contributor

Thank you @MarthaBostwick1 for providing the data. Our team is currently working with the Adobe Illustrator team to investigate the problem. I will keep you posted once we have an update. Meanwhile, you can check out a few options from our latest announcement to work around the issue. 

Thank you for your patience,

Maps for Adobe Team

0 Kudos