Layers that have copyright, scale bar not appearing when downloading artwork.

Jump to solution
06-06-2019 01:16 PM
MelodyPopkin
New Contributor III

I have just noticed that a little while ago, when I download artwork off of a map, the ESRI logo, a scale bar, and the copyright information would appear when the AI file is generated. Lately, it has only been generating the ESRI logo and then I would have to manually input the copyright information.

A sidebar question. Is there a subscription/product/something available to purchase that would enable us to remove the necessary copyright and ESRI logo? I would ideally like to not include these on maps as they crowd up the map from a design perspective with all of the lines of text.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StevenMoore1
Esri Contributor

Hi Melody,

That's strange, the copyright information should always be there. We just released a new version (1.4) last week that makes the scale bar info optional, but it was always there automatically in past releases. Can you try upgrading to 1.4 (if you weren't automatically upgraded already through Adobe Exchange) and see if the problem still exists?

As far as the copyright info and Esri logo, it will need to always be there. However, there might be some more aesthetically pleasing ways you could include it and still comply with the terms of use. I'm looking into that and will let you know what I find.

Thanks,

Steve

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
StevenMoore1
Esri Contributor

Hi Melody,

That's strange, the copyright information should always be there. We just released a new version (1.4) last week that makes the scale bar info optional, but it was always there automatically in past releases. Can you try upgrading to 1.4 (if you weren't automatically upgraded already through Adobe Exchange) and see if the problem still exists?

As far as the copyright info and Esri logo, it will need to always be there. However, there might be some more aesthetically pleasing ways you could include it and still comply with the terms of use. I'm looking into that and will let you know what I find.

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
MelodyPopkin
New Contributor III

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your reply. I gave it a whirl and it seems to work now! Thanks.

I see that along with the update, I would need to upgrade to Plus in order to access some of the features that were previously available in the old version. Is there also any changes to the copyright info and the ESRI logo as well if we get a Plus account? I'm looking forward to your reply on what you hear back on what you find on the complying with the terms of use while making it aesthetically pleasing. Are there also any specific font sizes/specs that this information would need to be at as well? 

EDIT: I see that there's more information in the functionality matrix about commercial-grade access...is there any more information/documentation on the details of what that means exactly?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
ClintLoveman
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Melody,

Thanks for the suggestion on adding more details to the functionality matrix, we are working on an update to the doc now to add more details.

Regarding copyright info and the Esri logo, our terms of use that apply for Maps for Adobe are here:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/reference/static-maps.htm

and here:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/reference/display-copyrights.htm

to summarize, if you are using a payed account (Plus or ArcGIS Online) you can use for all commercial use cases. If you are using the free/complimentary access you should not. The Esri logo is not required to stay, but we'd like it, if you could let your friends know that you like and use the extension, we'd appreciate that  . A credit note (type that shows up on the "*_copyright" layer) that lists the data providers is required, but you can design and put that anywhere on your design you think it works best and in any design you think compliments your overall esthetic. 

Hope this is helpful. If you have any other questions please let us know.

Clint

0 Kudos
MelodyPopkin
New Contributor III

Hi Clint,

Thank you for the information! I'm looking forward to all of the details that Plus has to offer. 🙂

To clarify, if we have free/complimentary access, are we still okay--to:

use static maps that include ArcGIS Online maps hosted by Esri in printed or digital reports and PowerPoint presentations for colleagues, subsidiaries, and customers.

Or do we need a Plus account to do that?

Thank you very much again for your swift reply!

0 Kudos
ClintLoveman

Hey Melody,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I'm still waiting to get some info back from another team on your question, which we hope to add to the doc too, to make it more clear for other users too, stay tuned!

But we have push out an updated detailed list of the functionally matrix doc. Have a look and let us know if this gives better details of the features.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/maps-for-adobecc/install/functionality-matrix.htm

Clint

0 Kudos
AHCMaps
New Contributor

Hi Clint,

Thank you for the heads up! No worries. I know you all are pretty quick to respond so I know you guys must be busy! 🙂

Thank you for the additional details in the functionality matrix along with links to what each item specifically means. Just to reiterate, we are wondering if we are allowed to use the software on a complimentary account to generate maps to show patients and other organizations where we provide care in our region, or if we need a Plus account to do that. Regardless, it seems that the embed map extent feature, as well as being able to use the My Content feature if I would like to create my own layers in ArcGIS Online like I did previously before the upgrade.

I'm looking forward to hearing back.

Best,

Melody

0 Kudos
AHCMaps
New Contributor

Hi Clint,

I just wanted to follow up with you on this one. Is there any additional information in regards to the complimentary account and the usage? (for presentations, etc.)

I guess the more relevant questions is for the Plus account. The functionality matrix is great as an overview, and the links that it leads to are useful. However, to get the buy-in from stakeholders and decision makers, it would be beneficial to have an all inclusive document that contains the all the features available in Plus (basically why it's better upgrade to the Plus account--or even required if we need it to use for presentations, etc.) and the pricing structure for it. Currently, the only information for pricing is in the extension itself when you sign up, and is difficult to share that. Is the pricing truly $10 a month and nothing else? 

Thanks again for all your help up to this point,

Melody

0 Kudos
ClintLoveman

HI Melody,

Sorry it's taken awhile. We have some new documentation we are working on, it's getting reviewed by other teams so it's taken longer than expected. The short answer, if the presentation is for business use (not personal or as part of an education institution/student, a Plus or ArcGIS Online (payed) account is required. As outline (or maybe hidden?) in Esri's Master License Agreement.  

Regarding functionality matrix, I do believe it is a complete listing of features for the 3 options. Is there something specific you are looking for? What we could do, it this would be helpful is to add the cost for each option to the matrix itself, would that be helpful?

Clint

MelodyPopkin
New Contributor III

Hi Clint,

Thank you for your message. Yes, pricing would be useful in the matrix. Some other things that we may find useful for buy-in are:

• Are there multi-year discounts if we sign on for more than 1 year? Or is there someone we can contact in regards to this?
  • Additional details on how many seats can access one account, or if we would need to make separate accounts would also be helpful. Are more than two individuals of the same organization allowed to log in at the same time on one Plus account or would we need two separate accounts even though we are from the same organization?
  • Is there a support service/help line that we can contact with specifically for technical issues/troubleshooting on the extension aside from the ESRI Community Forum?

One more question I have is are there are any additional updates that may potentially disrupt the references/base maps that we have created before the update? We had some maps previously embedded with the complimentary account prior to the update. My guess is that the embed is in the AI file itself, so the embed will still be there, even though I currently cannot access it without a Plug account.

And finally, to clarify once again, if we do get a Plus account, we still have to include copyright information on our designs right? If so, do you mind if we take this conversation to email as this thread is off-topic anyways from the original question? Please private message me at your earliest convenience.

Thank you again for all of your help up to this point!

Best,

Melody

0 Kudos