Select to view content in your preferred language

JavaScript Alert - Could Not Download File

01-09-2023 02:56 PM
SusanTournour
New Contributor

I've been receiving a Javascript alert that a file can't be downloaded today while trying to add a layer to an existing map I created in Illustrator.  A screenshot of the error is attached.  

I looked through the forums and saw someone had the same issue a few months ago, but no resolution was on it. It was also posted about a couple of years ago.  On the latter, there was mention of server issues and to let you know if it happens again, but no directions to resolve it.   

Are there server issues again or is there a resolution to fix this?  

Thanks for the help!  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anna_Breton
Esri Contributor

Hi @SusanTournour,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Do you mind sharing some more info so we can try to find the cause of this issue? What type of layer are you using? If you're able to share that layer here, that may also be helpful. What versions of Illustrator and the extension are you using?

Best, 

Anna

0 Kudos
SusanTournour
New Contributor

Whatever was going on seems to have resolved itself with nothing different on my end short of a day passing.  I opened the file, hit sync to check it, and it synced fine this time.  This is the data, though, in case it helps track down a resolution for the future: 

Plugin version: 3.3.1

Illustrator version: 27.1.1

Layer type: Layer from a file

The layer is a .csv with an ID number, Name, Type, and Lat/Long in it that has plotted before in two previous versions of the map.  The difference in this version was simply fewer plot points with different numbers, but the same lat/long on the remaining dots so I know the geo data was accurate.  I format it so each dot has a different color based on the type with the ID number as the label for it.  

Thanks for the help!