Illustrator opens blank .AIX file with no layers

06-17-2021 02:35 PM
BryanNicholson1
New Contributor

Hello,

Recently, when opening an .AIX file in Illustrator, the document is blank with no layers. This happens after signing into the extension. Actually, when opening the .AIX file, I am not prompted to sign into ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud, as previously.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud (v. 2.2.1)

Illustrator version: 25.2.3, Windows 10

Yesterday, Windows Update installed the following (KB5003637) and (KB4023057). Before that, .AIX exports from ArcGIS Pro were opening in Illustrator correctly.

Thanks.

2 Replies
XingdongZhang
Esri Contributor

Hello BryanNicholson1,

Thank you for using Maps for Adobe for your map-making project. We are sorry for the inconvenience you have encountered with the blank AIX file. Looking at the symptom "not prompted to sign in to ArcGIS Maps", looks like opening AIX didn't pass the app's license check.  We are not sure if it was caused by the Windows Update or not and will look into that possibility. Do you have the same problem when you log into Maps for Adobe first before opening AIX by going to Illustrator->Extensions->ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative cloud? 

Thanks,

Maps for Adobe Team

0 Kudos
BryanNicholson1
New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Yes, I have the same blank artboard if I load the extension first and log in, and then open the .AIX file.

Bryan