Select to view content in your preferred language

How do you switch logins to a different ArcGIS account?

04-28-2020 07:53 AM
CFrost
by
New Contributor II

I have logged in using my AGOL account but want to test my Enterprise log in. I have tried logging out of the extension and restarting illustrator, but in both cases, when I click the Sign In button under ArcGIS Online I am immediately connected to my account.

Im new to illustrator, so apologies if this is obvious

Much appreciated

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
XingdongZhang
Esri Contributor

Hi Christine, 

We are aware of this issue on the sign-in process since the latest ArcGIS Online release and will have a fix in our next release. The issue was brought up by enabling "Keep me signed in" in the ArcGIS Sign-In page. As a workaround, you can uninstall/reinstall Illustrator, which should clear that setting in your computer. 

Thank you for being an ArcGIS Maps for Adobe user.

Xingdong

0 Kudos
CFrost
by
New Contributor II

Hi Xingdong, 

Thanks for your quick reply.  This is very useful.  Any idea when the next release will be?  This extension seems really promising for my company as our GIS team can now share geospatial elements with our Design team. 

Cheers

0 Kudos
XingdongZhang
Esri Contributor

Hi Christine,

Glad to hear that the extension can be helpful for the cooperation between your GIS team and Design team. That's our purpose of developing this application. 

We are working hard on our next release. It will come very soon. One of the major feature of the new release is supporting maps export from ArcGIS Pro. We current have a Beta version available on our Esri Early Adopt Community see ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud 2.0.0-beta. You are welcome to try it out. Just a reminder, you will need to uninstall what you have now first to install 2.0 Beta version - please see additional instructions and information on the beta program website.  

Xingdong

0 Kudos
CFrost
by
New Contributor II

Hi Xingdong, 

That sounds very promising, and may actually be a better fit for some of our data.  

One follow question on the log in...

My organisation has an ArcGIS Online platform but we also have an Arc Enterprise platform.  I can log in using my credentials to access the ArcGIS Online platform fine.  When I switch to the Enterprise option (which I assume is referring to the GIS termonology of an ArcGIS Enterprise system) I an unable to use my Enterprise url.  You will see from the image of the Enterprise log in option below that the url must end with '.mapx.arcgis.com', This is the end of an ArcGIS Online platform url, where as an Arc Enterprise url is something similar to this  'https://portal.gis.myorganisation.com/portal'  (I have removed my own enterprise information from this url)

Does the Enterprise Log in option below actually only work with ArcGIS Online organisational accouts?  Or does it in fact work with ArcEnterprise portals?

I appreciate that some of the ESRI terminology / complications of multiple online platforms may just mean that this is down to the syntax used.  

Thanks again for your support, I look forward to the new release of this extension as well as testing the ArcPro beta extension as well!

0 Kudos
XingdongZhang
Esri Contributor

Hi Christine,

Thank you for your questions. I understand some Esri terms are a little confusing like the one you mentioned ArcGIS Enterprise vs ArcGIS Online Enterprise login. Our app in its current release works on ArcGIS Online portal only (including organization url) while supporting ArcGIS Enterprise portal is on our future plan. 

Thanks,

Xingdong