Select to view content in your preferred language

Error when logging in using ArcGIS Online account

Jump to solution
04-11-2022 01:32 PM
Boyang_Wang
Frequent Contributor

Hello,

When I try to log in ArcGIS Maps for Adobe CC in Illustrator using my ArcGIS Online account, it shows Invalid redirect_uri Error 400 before asking for my username and password. The workaround I found only referred to Portal environment. Have you seen this behavior when using ArcGIS Online login?

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000015445

Thanks!

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
XingdongZhang
Esri Contributor

Hello @Boyang_Wang 

Sorry for the inconvenience. While the team has difficulty reproducing the same issue in-house, a possible workaround could be deleting the config.json file from your user profile folder. The file is located at

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\m4cc\config.json (Windows)

~/Library/Application Support/m4cc/config.json (macOS)

Please let us know if the workaround doesn't help.

Thanks,

Xingdong

Maps for Adobe Team

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Boyang_Wang
Frequent Contributor

I got some troubleshooting suggestions from an Esri technician. Can someone help me to narrow down if you have experienced this issue? I didn't expect to reset windows...

- Check all the applications installed especially applications that are related to network connection such as VPN, AntiVirus and etc.
- Perform Windows Update, Update all the drivers in your machine.
- Check the Windows Firewall and make sure there it is not blocking any site from your end.
- If the issue persists, then you can consider resetting your windows.

0 Kudos
XingdongZhang
Esri Contributor

Hello @Boyang_Wang 

Sorry for the inconvenience. While the team has difficulty reproducing the same issue in-house, a possible workaround could be deleting the config.json file from your user profile folder. The file is located at

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\m4cc\config.json (Windows)

~/Library/Application Support/m4cc/config.json (macOS)

Please let us know if the workaround doesn't help.

Thanks,

Xingdong

Maps for Adobe Team

Boyang_Wang
Frequent Contributor

@XingdongZhang 

Your method made it work. Now I can use ArcGIS Online login. Many thanks!

p.s. I did try uninstalling m4cc but it seems that this config.json was never deleted.

Boyang

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Boyang_Wang, I was getting that error too when I tried signing in with my Portal credentials and then got an error that I wasn't authorized to access my organization's Portal through Maps for Adobe. After that failed login, even when I tried to login to my ArcGIS Online account, it would give me the error you described. But I just tried deleting the config.json file, as @XingdongZhang suggested, and it resolved the issue. Thanks!

0 Kudos