Select to view content in your preferred language

Error 400: Failed trying to sync map to artboard

Jump to solution
02-01-2022 11:14 AM
SharifP
Emerging Contributor

I've searched, but can't make heads or tails of anything that even approaches a solution for this problem. I'm trying to Sync an OpenStreet map (https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=51a8e52b37d64941816aa1ad3d18b35d) to Illustrator and keeps failing. Can anyone help me understand why?

arcGisIssue2.JPG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anna_Breton
Esri Contributor

Hey @SharifP , 

Thanks for the workflow steps. I was able to reproduce what you're seeing. Both of the issues you mentioned above look to be related to the current mapping profile you're using. 

Switching to the Default mapping profile should fix the errors.

If you have an ArcGIS org account you can switch your mapping profile in your map settings. To do this, click the gear icon at the top of your compilation window, here you'll come across your mapping profile settings (Default and Legacy). Select "Default profile (Recommended)". You can find more info on mapping profiles here.

Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 1.42.15 PM.png

Let me know if this helps. 

Best,

Anna

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Anna_Breton
Esri Contributor

Hi there @SharifP,

Sorry for this inconvenience. The team has tried to reproduce the issue you're seeing but are unable to do so. Do you mind sharing more info with us? What versions of Maps for Adobe and Illustrator are you using? Additionally, if you could share your workflow steps that give you this error, that would be very helpful. Based on the screenshot in your question, it looks like you're trying to sync more than one layer. Do you run into this when you try to sync with just the OpenStreetMap layer?

Thanks, 

Anna

0 Kudos
SharifP
Emerging Contributor

Hi Anna,

I'm using version 3.1. I do still get the error when I try syncing just the one file. My workflow is as follows: 

• I search for an address in Mapboard, then I draw a rectangle surrounding the address in Mapboard.
  • I change the size of that Mapboard to what I need. Some times I rename it, some times I don't.
  • Then I go to the Compilation window. Click Add Content > Add Layers. I have OSM Highways for N. America favorited since I use it often. 
  • I click add, wait for it to draw, then close that window. 
  • Add Content > Add Places, search for an address, then click add.
  • Sync

Just now as I went through this again, I see that after I add the OSM map it says it's loaded but with errors. Maybe that's where the problem is? This is the map I was attempting to use: https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=51a8e52b37d64941816aa1ad3d18b35d

When I try to use a vector basemap (this one: https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=f455d84d5aab4d64b1191e0d2eed42b1), it looks like I need to be able to change my mapping profile - which I guess I can't do with an ArcGIS Creative Cloud account.

0 Kudos
Anna_Breton
Esri Contributor

Hey @SharifP , 

Thanks for the workflow steps. I was able to reproduce what you're seeing. Both of the issues you mentioned above look to be related to the current mapping profile you're using. 

Switching to the Default mapping profile should fix the errors.

If you have an ArcGIS org account you can switch your mapping profile in your map settings. To do this, click the gear icon at the top of your compilation window, here you'll come across your mapping profile settings (Default and Legacy). Select "Default profile (Recommended)". You can find more info on mapping profiles here.

Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 1.42.15 PM.png

Let me know if this helps. 

Best,

Anna

0 Kudos
SharifP
Emerging Contributor

Hi @Anna_Breton,

Thanks for the info and for the link. I have the ArcGIS for Adobe Creative Cloud account - not an ArcGIS org account. It looks like that means I'm out of luck for changing the Mapping profile. Is that right?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Anna_Breton
Esri Contributor

Hey @SharifP

It sounds like the account you're referring to is either a Complimentary or Plus account. If that's the case, you're correct, you need an ArcGIS org account to switch profiles. 

Best, 

Anna

0 Kudos
scottrudy
New Contributor

so is that the final answer....you are just SOL if you don't use the premium version of the software.

I understand limiting features but it not working well enough for me to even evaluate the software is not good. i literally got this error on my first attempt at making a real map for a job. It did work on a small sample test that i did, but now for a real project i am left holding the bag with a promise to my client that i could produce this map....help

scott

0 Kudos
MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

Hi @scottrudy 

Thanks for reaching out. Are you also using the OpenStreetMap Highways for N America layer referenced in this post description? If yes there is an issue that is still in progress at our end. 

If using OpenStreetMap Highways layer, there might be a workaround that could help, please try this. 
- After adding the OpenStreetMap Highways of NorthAmerica layer in your compilation window, Click the '...' to see layer options, Change Style. 
- Change the style to 'Location (Single Symbol)' and change it back to Type, Make sure the attribute selected is still pointing to 'Highway' as it originally was. 
- Then Sync, this should allow the sync to complete past the Error 400 mentioned above.

Please note this solution will work if you are running into the error 400 with 'OpenStreetMap NA Highways layer'. If your map is setup differently then we might need more info to look into it separately, if so please share some more details. We might need to open a support ticket. https://support.esri.com/en/ Please keep us posted.

Lastly, for evaluating the extension latest capabilities, we are looking into creating a trial experience in future, for now you are welcome to use the ArcGIS Online trial to create a trial account to evaluate. Note this is a 21 day trial and meant for testing & evaluating functionality & use with learn lessons such as those available in Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud resources.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos