Select to view content in your preferred language

Can't sync large map

Jump to solution
04-11-2022 04:36 AM
MatthewBrussock
New Contributor

Hi folks,

I'm new to using this program, and am using the pro version. Recently, I've been trying to make a large scale map, covering most of Eurasia and North Africa. The plugin seems to work fine on smaller maps. The only layers I have are a base map with NaturalEarth and a hillshade relief layer. Nonetheless I am unable to sync it. Most of the time it will get stuck on "Generating 10%" and, on the rare occassion it makes it further, it freezes up Illustrator, and fails to fully finish the map, being instead stuck at "Removing clipping path". A few other times it's given me Error 400.

I've tried changing my version of Illustrator, uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin, changing projections, layers, changing the resolution, and so on. Is the map simply too large? North America works. What am I doing wrong?

My specs:

Ryzen 5 4600H

16GB RAM

RTX 2060

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatthewBrussock
New Contributor

Hi folks,

I think I found the solution. Turning up the documents PPI and making the scale smaller seems to have helped. I'll leave this up for anyone as silly as me.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MatthewBrussock
New Contributor

Hi folks,

I think I found the solution. Turning up the documents PPI and making the scale smaller seems to have helped. I'll leave this up for anyone as silly as me.

SarahBell
Esri Contributor

Not silly. Thanks for posting your solution!

0 Kudos