Select to view content in your preferred language

Adobe Illustrator crashing when I try to save an .aix file as an .ai using ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Extension

Jump to solution
11-08-2022 11:05 AM
MolliePriceERG
New Contributor II

PaulRayBooks_0-1667933788317.png

After selecting a .aix file within Illustrator, while using the ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Extension (version 3.30) When I attempt to "Save As" .ai, Adobe crashes with this vague error message. I'm running the newest version of Adobe Illustrator. I can "Save As" other file types, but only crash with .ai.

"Click Here"

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MolliePriceERG
New Contributor II

I was able to fix the error just now @Anna_Breton !!!

I had a new issue occur ( an older file made in a previous version of Pro was stuck "Loading...") and I found this solution.

On a whim, I wanted to see if either fixed my issue with .aix files and it was the Microsoft Access reset that seemed to do the trick.. There was no change after updating the .NET program

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anna_Breton
Esri Contributor

Hi @MolliePriceERG ,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Is there any chance you could share your AIX file here so that we can take a deeper look at your crash?

Best, 

Anna

0 Kudos
MolliePriceERG
New Contributor II

Sure - but it is now crashing on any .aix I tried to save as to test.. Even older ones that I have saved out prior to this error and successfully created .ai's for.

It won't let me upload here.. What is the best way to share?

PaulRayBooks_0-1667940230646.png

0 Kudos
Anna_Breton
Esri Contributor

Hi @MolliePriceERG

If you export your AIX file in ArcGIS Pro by going to the Share tab -> Export Map -> and then export at the bottom of the Export Map Panel, you should have a new AIX file that you can attach here. To add your AIX file to your comment, there should be a drag and drop, or browse files option below where you can attach your AIX.  Let me know if that works!

-Anna

0 Kudos
MolliePriceERG
New Contributor II

It was giving that red error message when I tried attaching an .aix by itself.. I zipped a folder, so maybe that will help? 

0 Kudos
MolliePriceERG
New Contributor II

Also - saving as other file types (PDF, EPS, etc) is not working.. I didn't realize they were saving with a 0KB file size/failing to open.

0 Kudos
Anna_Breton
Esri Contributor

@MolliePriceERG Thanks for sharing your AIX file. I'm able to reproduce the issue you're seeing. The team will definitely take a look at this specific case and try to find a solution. Do you mind sharing what version of ArcGIS Pro you're using? Also, any chance you're able to save to your Creative Cloud account instead of to your computer?Screen Shot 2022-11-09 at 9.56.13 AM.png

0 Kudos
MolliePriceERG
New Contributor II

I was able to fix the error just now @Anna_Breton !!!

I had a new issue occur ( an older file made in a previous version of Pro was stuck "Loading...") and I found this solution.

On a whim, I wanted to see if either fixed my issue with .aix files and it was the Microsoft Access reset that seemed to do the trick.. There was no change after updating the .NET program

Anna_Breton
Esri Contributor

Awesome, thanks for posting the solution you found! @MolliePriceERG 

0 Kudos