Select to view content in your preferred language

Now available: ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud 3.6 (October 2023)

10-23-2023 04:52 PM
XingdongZhang
Esri Contributor
4 11 1,131

The latest update (version 3.6) of ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud was released today. This update includes significant enhancements, bug fixes, and new tools to explore. Below is a summary. For more details, see this blog article

New features and enhancements

• Support Adobe Illustrator 2024 and Adobe Photoshop 2024.
  • Filter search results by authoritative status or hide deprecated layers, when adding map data.
  • Access layer detailed description and source information from the Contents pane.
  • Make a chart in ArcGIS Pro, and edit it in Illustrator. If your ArcGIS Pro project includes charts, such as line, histogram, or pie charts, they are now processed as editable vector layers when you export to AIX
  • ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud is now available to download on Adobe Exchange in the Adobe Creative Cloud Marketplace (in addition to the Esri website). 

Bug fixes

• BUG-000152999 Fixed a bug that prevented you from adding custom basemaps in disconnected environments.
  • Fixed a bug that splits legend and label ligatures into individual characters.
  • Fixed a bug that caused data added from the extension to not be cropped to the map extent

We encourage you to download and upgrade to this latest version at your earliest convenience. (See Requirements for supported versions of Adobe apps.) We appreciate this community’s support and feedback and look forward to staying engaged to continue improving Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud.

Sincerely,

ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud team

11 Comments
KathleenAdele
New Contributor

Thank you so much for this update, however it is causing some issues.
I upgraded the plugin and it was getting stuck at 40% on Illustrator 2023, now that I've updated it to 2024 I'm getting an issue where it is not recognising the file format and causing errors.

Screenshot 2023-10-24 at 2.11.22 pm.png

XingdongZhang
Esri Contributor

@KathleenAdele As ArcGIS Maps for Adobe is a plug-in running on the top of Adobe Illustrator, every major upgrade of Illustrator (e.g. from version 2023 to 2024) requires a reinstall of the extension. Could you try reinstalling the app to see if that solves the problem? 

KathleenAdele
New Contributor

Hey @XingdongZhang looks like that has brought back the getting stuck at 40% issue I was having.

XingdongZhang
Esri Contributor

Hi @KathleenAdele Were you able to sync the same map successfully on the previous version v3.5?  If you don't mind, please share the steps and data that cause the sync to stuck. The team will investigate the case once we have the information.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

KathleenAdele
New Contributor

Absolutely, i was able to get the map to sync. If you can get them to contact me i can send them screenshots and things of my process

ChauncieBigler
New Contributor

I am having issues upon issues with this update, unfortunately.

Extension v3.5 stopped working once I updated to Illustrator 2024. I tried reverting back to Illustrator 2023, and v3.5 still did not work. Tried uninstalling Extension v3.5 and installing the updated v3.6, and that helped in the sense that now the extension shows up the way it's supposed to in Illustrator 2024, but is not able to open an AIX file. It gets stuck at this 'Reading PDF file' and then eventually crashes.

ChauncieBigler_0-1701201996229.png

Anna_Breton
Esri Contributor

Hi @ChauncieBigler

Maps for Adobe 3.5 is not supported with Illustrator version 2024. Please see this blog post regarding compatibility issues: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-maps-for-adobe-creative-cloud-blog/adobe-creative-cloud-2024-co...

I recommend staying on the latest version of each application, in this case Maps for Adobe version 3.6 and Illustrator 2024. 

With regards to your AIX file crashing, are you able to open any other AIX files? If you're just having issues with one AIX, is it possible for you to share that file with us so we can take a closer look? Let me know.

Thanks!

Anna 

ChrisMyers_NewQuest
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Anna_Breton , are you saying that Maps for Adobe CC v3.6 and Adobe AI v28.0 are compatible? Because I'm receiving multiuple errors when using those two versions, including "Cannot access download folder" and "the .aix file type is not recognized". I've reverted back to AI v27.7 to get around the issue. Can you confirm these versions are compatible? 

Thanks,

Chris 

cant acccess download folder.PNGinvalid fiel type.PNGversions.PNG

Anna_Breton
Esri Contributor

Hi @ChrisMyers_NewQuest , 

The issue you're running into looks like it's related to you download folder naming convention. We've seen this with OneDrive users. Please see this post for the two workarounds for this issue. https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-maps-for-adobe-creative-cloud-questions/error-when-syncing-into...

Let me know if this helps!

Anna

ChauncieBigler
New Contributor

Hi @Anna_Breton, you were correct and updating to Adobe 3.6 and Illustrator 2024 resolved the issue with the extension. 

After some troubleshooting, I realized that the initial aix file I was trying to open (and failing to open) was either too large or had too many individual lines. When I split up that file into smaller chunks, I can get it open in Illustrator. Though it is a bit strange that there's some sort of maximum that I'm running into. Happy to share the file so you all can look into it.

ElisabethNadin
New Contributor

I have done everything in the linked posts (  https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-maps-for-adobe-creative-cloud-questions/error-when-syncing-into... ) and still can't move past this issue. I can't open any .ix file in AI 23 or 24. any advice? How do I attach a file?