Explorer iOS App can't load map with bing basemap

08-03-2017 04:51 AM
HECAdmin
New Contributor III

In the Explorer iOS app, I am getting an error that says "Missing bing maps key" when opening a map with a bing map as the basemap. The bing basemap works fine on the full website and mobile website and I have verified that my bing maps key is still valid. This has been happening for a few weeks now. What is going on?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Have you installed Bing Map Key in ArcGIS Online ? How to install a Microsoft Bing Key 

Also you need to login to ArcGIS Explorer using the account which has valid Bing MAp Key installed in it.

Think Location
0 Kudos
HECAdmin
New Contributor III

Thank you for the quick response. I verified that our account is set up correctly based on the instructions you sent and that the bing basemap was added the way described in that article and everything looks correct. I'm still getting the same error using any of the three basemaps.

0 Kudos
AdamInglis1
Occasional Contributor

I just notice we are having the same issues.  Do we need to do something to authorize the app to use Bing?  I can open the same map in Collector without being warned of a missing Bing Maps key.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

HEC Admin

Jayanta Poddar

Adam Inglis

Unfortunately, this is a known issue in Explorer 17.1.2. There is a public defect logged, and if you'd like, you can contact support and get attached to the defect (BUG-000106810) as well.

Technically, you can get the basemap layer to appear in the map if you check the option for "Allow this Bing key to be used in maps shared publicly by organization members" in your org settings if you've enabled anonymous access to the org in the security tab. However, I'm not aware of the constraints Bing imposes on their api usage, so this might not be feasible for most.

HECAdmin
New Contributor III

I don't see this option next to the bing maps key in ArcGIS Online.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

HEC Admin

Thanks, I should have clarified. You need to first enable the setting for "Allow anonymous access to your organization's website" in the Security tab. Be aware this allows anonymous users to view maps that have been Shared with Everyone (Public) on your org. Updated the above comment

0 Kudos