Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS for Aviation: Charting

07-19-2016 08:50 AM
DavidDuncan2
Occasional Contributor

Hello. What products does the ArcGIS for Aviation:Charting extension support? I am specifically wondering if this extension supports the creation of Tactical Pilotage Charts (TPC)? I am interested in all other products it may support.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChrisDonohue__GISP
MVP Alum

I haven't used it myself, but it looks interesting.  On the product page they offer a free 60 day trial and also a contact for additional information.  If no posts a reply to your question, I would try the information contact:

ArcGIS for Aviation: Charting is bundled with components for data quality control, cartographic product generation, and workflow management for AIM users. It also includes a complete workflow tutorial and a sample database. Optional services are available that can be customized to your organization's needs. For more information contact aero@esri.com.

Source:  ArcGIS for Aviation: Charting| Technical Information

Chris Donohue, GISP

SeanGrant
Frequent Contributor

The Aviation Charting extension can be used to create a TPC. It does not have a to-spec template for TPC out of the box though. We do have templates for ICAO based charts and in particular, we have one for the Sectional which is similar to a TPC. The folks over at the Esri Defense Mapping team have several templates (like JOG and TLM) and tools that can be used as well to create a TPC but like us they don't have a specific TPC template.

DavidDuncan2
Occasional Contributor

Sean, Thanks for the information. Can you point me to where the templates are for the ICAO based charts in the ESRI installation folders?

0 Kudos