Select to view content in your preferred language

Is construction data from Dodge Data & Analytics under consideration for ArcGIS Living Atlas?

Jump to solution
01-31-2024 04:49 AM
MatthewTsui5
New Contributor II

Hi everybody,

Is construction data from Dodge Data & Analytics under consideration for ArcGIS Living Atlas?

My goal is to view live data in an ArcGIS Enterprise web mapping application.

Based on two observations, I have a hunch this possible. First, the article The Business Value of GIS for Design and Construction demonstrated that Esri and Dodge Data & Analytics (leading provider of construction data) collaborated in a study that determine GIS is need in the construction industry. Second, Dodge's has a website (Dodge Construction Network) where a subscriber can export a list of construction projects to a excel document. The data include geographic information, such as addresses and coordinates.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

Dodge Data and Analytics contributions do not exist in ArcGIS Living Atlas and I am not aware of any initiatives that would include any content from them. I checked ArcGIS Marketplace to check if they had any data offerings, and I see nothing listed there either.

At this point I would recommend contacting Dodge directly at the website contacts you provided above. As far as I can tell, it's a report on a study and not an announcement of premium or Living Atlas content.

Secondarilly, you can contact your Esri account manager to investigate further.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

Dodge Data and Analytics contributions do not exist in ArcGIS Living Atlas and I am not aware of any initiatives that would include any content from them. I checked ArcGIS Marketplace to check if they had any data offerings, and I see nothing listed there either.

At this point I would recommend contacting Dodge directly at the website contacts you provided above. As far as I can tell, it's a report on a study and not an announcement of premium or Living Atlas content.

Secondarilly, you can contact your Esri account manager to investigate further.

0 Kudos
MatthewTsui5
New Contributor II

Hi Bern,

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I have started discussion with Dodge Data & Analytics regarding sourcing live geospatial data on commercial construction projects within an Esri application

In addition, I have developed a workflow that involves converting XML to a map image layer to accomplish daily updates from Dodge, but there are drawbacks that can be simplified by a map image layer on ArcGIS Living Atlas. I imagine it would 

I understand this is currently a niche issue, but I am starting to see the commercial construction increasingly find value incorporating live commercial construction data in an web mapping application. For example,  t Burgex Mining Consultants integrate Dodge Data & Analytics' data in a Esri web mapping application: https://mineralocity.com/2023/08/26/4-u-s-counties-poised-for-explosive-growth-in-aggregate-demand/

0 Kudos