Select to view content in your preferred language

Importing entities with shape through load table functionality

01-26-2022 11:08 PM
Labels (1)
AndreasHall
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I´m excited to try out the new ArcGIS Knowledge. However, I ran into problems trying to import entities with shape through Load Table. I get an error during the import but the data is imported anyway. The issue is that the imported shape is not located on my map, I cannot zoom to the entity. The data is imported from a Feature Class in a File Geodatabase and the coordinate system is WGS 1984 (WKID 4326). Any ideas on this error or any thoughts on how I could alter the import to get the correct shape come through?

Error messageError message

Load table error message. 

Imported entity in Knowledge, shape not visible in map.Imported entity in Knowledge, shape not visible in map.

Entity in ArcGIS Knowledge after import, shape not visible in map (row 2).

Feature class in file geodatabase, shape visible in map.Feature class in file geodatabase, shape visible in map.

Feature class in file geodabase, shape visible in map (co-located with Mariehamn).

I'm using Pro 2.9.1 and Enterprise 10.9.1.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Xingchen_Chen
Emerging Contributor

Hi Andreas,

I encountered the same error when importing an polygon feature class, I was wondering if you have worked this out yet?

0 Kudos
AndreasHall
Esri Contributor

No. I created my points manually instead of importing them.

0 Kudos
Xingchen_Chen
Emerging Contributor

Thanks. BTW do you know who is the PE for this product? Seems threads in this section are unmonitored by the product team.

0 Kudos
AndreasHall
Esri Contributor

@AdamMartin maybe knows.

0 Kudos
Xingchen_Chen
Emerging Contributor

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Xingchen_Chen
Emerging Contributor

@Anonymous User  Hi Colby, I saw your name listed in an ArcGIS Blog regarding the ArcGIS knowledge, was wondering if we can contact you if we have ArcGIS Knowledge related questions? Thanks!

0 Kudos
MeganBanaski1
Esri Contributor

Hello! Apologies for the late reply to your question. It looks like the shape in your feature class has Z values (SHAPE is 'Point Z') which are not currently supported in ArcGIS Knowledge.