Select to view content in your preferred language

What is the best way to migrate from ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.15 to ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.16?

05-16-2016 05:30 PM
JaromHlebasko
Frequent Contributor

I have been using the developer's version of the Web AppBuilder 2.0 as a means of creating my applications. I have a lot of applications that were created in version 1.3 which referenced the ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.15 in them. I recently upgraded/migrated all of these apps over to 3.16 and am experiencing problems on mobile devices where I cannot type in any text in search widgets, attribute fields, etc. The keyboard seems to want to load but then quickly disappears. Has anyone else had this experience? What is the best way to update to the most recent API? I am new to developing so here lies the problem probably.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jarom,

The best thing to do is wait for the WAB team to move to the latest JS API in their code as they will but the jimu core WAB code thru all the unit testing and make sure it is fully compatible with the latest JS API version. More than likely there is some css file that is referencing the 3.15 API and causing you issues. I have never tried to more WAB forward to a newer JS API version then it was tested for so I can not provide much more info.

0 Kudos