Select to view content in your preferred language

What graphic types are available for featurelayers?

03-14-2013 09:48 AM
CurtMeadows
New Contributor
I have a .mxd map that is being served up via a mapservice. If the layer symbol in the .mxd is a simplefillsymbol and contains diagonal lines it shows as a solid fill polygon on the featurelayer (and in the legend). Any ideas? I am not really sure how to state the problem very well.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DianaBenedict
Frequent Contributor
I believe that it has to do with how "complex" the marker symbol is.  In your MXD, use the symbol properties menu to display the marker symbol. From there, you will see how many layers actually make up the symbol. I recall seeing somewhere in the ESRI documentation that any "multi-layer" symbols will be "converted" to a image marker symbol therefore, some symbols will not display correctly once they are rendered as an image. I will look around some more and see if I can find the help documentation and add that link to the post.

I do have another question.  When you were publishing the service from your MXD did you not get a "warning" indicating that you are using "complex" symbols .. and that they will be converted (or something like that)?  Confirm this by using the analyze button from the "publish as service" button.
0 Kudos