Unable to display Legend using arcgis 9.3.1 java script REST API's

09-08-2011 12:45 AM
PANKAJBOBADE
New Contributor
Hi There,
I am completely new to ArcGIS Java Script APIs and currently facing problem to display symbology / legend. I have downloaded the TOC sample from net & its shows Layer names properly in tree control [just like arcmap] without symbology. When checked author told that TOC component either expects ArcGIS 10 or application server to be in public domain.
Currenly i am working on ArcGIS 9.3.1 with REST APIs and no option to make server as public.

Any body can help on this related to sample if any available using getLegendInfo & java script.

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
PANKAJBOBADE
New Contributor
Thanks for the response. This sample does not provide any legend and if at all some sample provides it , we need to make sure that map service should be from lower version than arcgis 10 as my currecnt version is arcgis 9.3.1.
PS:
We have direct option to get legend in case of arcgis 10.
0 Kudos
shwetakunjadia
New Contributor
hi,

I am facing problem with TOC i can see the list of layers but image/graphics is not displayed...
Arcgis 10 - using REST URL

I wont be able to understand if i create any map service in my case legend is not displayed default while in sample code URL :
http://sampleserver1.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/PublicSafety/PublicSafetyOperationalLayer...

Legend is displayed....

So am i missing something while creating .mxd or any other issue??

please help me...

Thanks,
Shweta
0 Kudos