Select to view content in your preferred language

Text render quality - 4.x

Jump to solution
08-19-2024 10:36 AM
TravisNolen
Emerging Contributor

We are having issues with text labels not being legible when we enable layers consisting of a solid background color.  These issues did not appear in 3.x.  I have tried everything I can think of when publishing the map services, with no luck.  The only "workaround" I've found thus far is to add a white halo around the text, but I would prefer not to have to do this on all text labels.

The affected text has no halo or shadow and is using the Arial Font.  There is also no transparency enabled.  The issue seems to happen when multiple layers are enabled at once.

I've attached a screenshot of an example of the issue from Chrome, but the issue is the same in Edge and FireFox.  Does anyone have any idea what we might be causing these rendering issues?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TravisNolen
Emerging Contributor

Hello.  This problem was solved by turning off text anti-aliasing for the Service, in the Parameters subpage.  Edit map service settings—ArcGIS Server | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TravisNolen
Emerging Contributor

Hello.  This problem was solved by turning off text anti-aliasing for the Service, in the Parameters subpage.  Edit map service settings—ArcGIS Server | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise

0 Kudos