Select to view content in your preferred language

symbology is not used for linear features of FeatureLayer

09-21-2016 02:11 AM
Pierre-JeanMuller
Occasional Contributor

as you see on the picture, linear features are not symbolised, if I use a dynamic map, I get the symbols. 
the FeatureLayer shows the symbols of the points but the symbols of linear features.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Pierre-Jean,

Are you using an advanced cartographic line symbol in your map services mxd? 

Or are you saying that you DO get the line symbology to show when using ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer but when you use FeatureLayer you do not?

0 Kudos
Pierre-JeanMuller
Occasional Contributor

no advance cartographique line, it is just a standard arrow. Yes I get the good symbology if I use ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer. But I need to use the featureLayer.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Pierre-Jean,

When you use FeatureLayer you will have to specify the symbology for the layer in your code. When using ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer the layer is drawn on the server and it uses the symbology specified in the mxd.

0 Kudos
Pierre-JeanMuller
Occasional Contributor

I used featureLayer for the points and the surface, it always get the symbols. We find the problem only for the linear feature.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Pierre-Jean,

I do not have a problem with my line geometry types using the ArcGIS Server symbology when using FeatureLayer. But if you are for some reason, then as I suggested in my previous post you will need to define the renderer for that layer in your code.