Really slow performance on 12/19/12 from ESRI servers?

12-19-2012 07:04 AM
TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor
All my code is running very slow today.  Both the references to the ESRI base maps as well as the references that being made to serverapi.arcgisonline.com are taking forever (like a minute instead of seconds)

Is anyone else experiencing this?  I had placed a call with ESRI.  I would have expected to see a notice at status.arcgis.com, but so far nothing.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JustinPeters
New Contributor
Same here.  It is painfully slow waiting for the CDN hosted version of the API to respond today.
0 Kudos
BillDaigle
Occasional Contributor III
Ditto here. Response times have been pretty inconsistent all morning.
0 Kudos
TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor
I got a phone call on the incident I placed.  I found out they have been doing some edits on the javascript API files.  Supposedly they shouldn't have caused any of us a problem.  The comment was made that maybe it was on my end, which I highly doubt given the responses to this thread already.  It is being looked into.
0 Kudos
troyturcott
New Contributor II
Yep - they apparently stepped on the existing code base because the javascript code gallery doesn't work today either...
0 Kudos
troyturcott
New Contributor II
here are there errors that the Google Chrome debuggings tools caught:

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token < www.arcgis.com/rc/login.html?returnUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.arcgis.com%2Frc%2Fjs%2Fesri%2Farcgisonline%2...
Uncaught ReferenceError: djConfig is not defined gallery.html:56
(anonymous function) gallery.html:56
Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token < login.html:1
Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token < login.html:1
Uncaught ReferenceError: dojo is not defined gallery.html:88
0 Kudos
TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor
It seems to be working better now in terms of references to the JS API, but I see the Code Gallery is still empty of content. Since there hasn't been any official acknowledgement there is an issue, I'm not sure if it's on the way to getting fixed or not.
0 Kudos