Non-moving overview map

Jump to solution
06-26-2012 09:11 AM
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor
One more question-

I'd like to add an overview map to my map but in all of the samples using overview maps that I've seen, the overview map pans and zooms (albeit at the specification ratio compared to the main map). I don't want this behavior. Is it possible to "lock" the background of the overview map to a specified extent and have just the main map's map extent move around?

I want my overview map to show the full extent of my county and just have the representation of the main map's map extent move around.

Thanks!
Steve
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
derekswingley1
Frequent Contributor
This is not possible in the current release (3.0) but we plan to add this in the future.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
derekswingley1
Frequent Contributor
This is not possible in the current release (3.0) but we plan to add this in the future.
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor
Thanks again, Derek. Look forward to this feature getting implemented..
0 Kudos
MaudGillespie
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

I realize this thread had been dormant for a little while, but am wondering if there has been any updates regarding this topic?  I'd really like the ability as well to have my overview map not change it's extent while I zoom and pan on the main map.  We used to make our maps in Flash and this worked just fine, but since we've changed to the JavaScript API this has become an issue.

Thank you!