Select to view content in your preferred language

Editor widget - why not points?

Jump to solution
10-15-2015 01:31 PM
TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

There is a long list of constants for adding different geometry types in the Editor widget, but nothing for points.  What gives?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

It's not explicitly listed because there is only one way to add a point.   All the parameters relating to lines and polygons are provided because there are multiple ways you might draw a line or polygon, and you need to be able specify which style you want.

I would really like to see more extensive documentation in some of these widgets like Editor.  I can tell it will do a lot, but there is so much to it, it's hard to tell how all the various parameters would together.  In the case of Editor, it doesn't even always list which settings are default or optional.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

It's not explicitly listed because there is only one way to add a point.   All the parameters relating to lines and polygons are provided because there are multiple ways you might draw a line or polygon, and you need to be able specify which style you want.

I would really like to see more extensive documentation in some of these widgets like Editor.  I can tell it will do a lot, but there is so much to it, it's hard to tell how all the various parameters would together.  In the case of Editor, it doesn't even always list which settings are default or optional.