Select to view content in your preferred language

Editing with Oracle database

Jump to solution
05-01-2012 09:56 AM
Jean-FrançoisDucré-Robitaille
New Contributor II
Hi!,

I've recently developped an application with an editing tool. However, I received an unable to apply edit when I try to update or add something to a feature layer. Our data are stored in a Oracle database with ArcSDE. We use Oracle accounts in the database, not OS authentificaiton. I would like to know with what account should I create my feature dataset (mine or ArcGIS SOC)?

Thanks
10 Replies
Nadiia_Matsiuk
New Contributor III

@JeffPace1 , Hi!

Thank you very much for this advice! But, unfortenly, it's can't solve our problem.

We have a problem with output/display data from Oracle database in Portal (Experience Builder, Dashboards). We don't have access to this database. We are only the users.

Also we know what this database Oracle set up and connection to ArcGIS in right way. But there isn't SDE.

For example, we work with project what include a few layer. Some layers are from another database and it's work right. And one layer is from Oracle database. Maybe, he doesn't accesseble. We try to create Chart with data this layer, but in result get error: "failt to load" (see atachment). In Dashboards from Portal error is: "cannot access data".

Have you any idea for that?

UPD. We solved it using query layer for getting data from Oracle database.

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos