Select to view content in your preferred language

devsummit 09 printing sample issue

08-19-2011 07:04 AM
ChrisBuckmaster1
Occasional Contributor
Sorry to bring up an old topic but I have encountered an error using the .net printing method from the Developer Summit 2009.

I have read through the below forum post where people do mention this issue but as I can see there is no real clear cut answer.

http://forums.esri.com/Thread.asp?c=158&f=2396&t=279782

My problem is when I try to go to the layout after printing the map I get an error:

"Error: Unable to load .../proxy.ashx? .../MergeAndOutput.ashx status:500."

I am not sure if any of the contributors of the other post can help me out with this or if anyone knows what this would relate to.

The page itself does seem to be parsing my layers from viewing the source code, it just does not draw up the map - I think it is something to do with the output folder not having the correct permissions but from what I can see all users have write access to it so I am at a bit of a loss as to what the problem could be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is an issue that needs urgent attention!

Thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DavidHollema
New Contributor III
0 Kudos
GabiVoicu
Occasional Contributor
Hello Chris!

Were you ever able to fix your printing issues? We have had excat similar errors trying to use the same print solution - never been able to get it to work, just curious if you guys did....

Thank you

Sorry to bring up an old topic but I have encountered an error using the .net printing method from the Developer Summit 2009.

I have read through the below forum post where people do mention this issue but as I can see there is no real clear cut answer.

http://forums.esri.com/Thread.asp?c=158&f=2396&t=279782

My problem is when I try to go to the layout after printing the map I get an error:

"Error: Unable to load .../proxy.ashx? .../MergeAndOutput.ashx status:500."

I am not sure if any of the contributors of the other post can help me out with this or if anyone knows what this would relate to.

The page itself does seem to be parsing my layers from viewing the source code, it just does not draw up the map - I think it is something to do with the output folder not having the correct permissions but from what I can see all users have write access to it so I am at a bit of a loss as to what the problem could be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is an issue that needs urgent attention!

Thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
ChrisBuckmaster1
Occasional Contributor
Hi Gabi

No I couldn't get this working so we implemented the Map2PDF option instead.
0 Kudos
GabiVoicu
Occasional Contributor
Hi Gabi

No, I couldn't get this working so we implemented the Map2PDF option instead.

Thank you so very much for your answer - I really appreciate your reply- I was just curious about that. We did look at that Map2 PDF as well as Export to PDF geoprocessing service and Image Blender solutions from code gallery - none of them work for us as we have multiple dynamic map services - grouped under different categories where we can turn on and off layers etc...
0 Kudos