can i set the mouse wheel scale incrememnts?

02-07-2017 08:31 AM
EvonFranklin
New Contributor III

Is there a way to set how many units each mouse scroll changes in scale? On smaller monitors my mapview is cutting off some of the features that should be in view.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanSletten
New Contributor

I'm not 100% sure if this answers your question, but the scale determined by scroll changes is determined by the extent of the  levels of tiles in the cached basemap/imagery. It can only be changed when the basemap/imagery is republished/rebuilt. 

This is arcgisonline street map:

World_Street_Map (MapServer)  You can see the levels of detail and associated scale. You are essential scrolling through these layers.

If you are not using ESRI's basemaps and are using custom ones, you can remake your cache to have the extents you desire with each scroll (more/less).

Back to your mapview problem, however, it sounds as though you have a CSS issue if smaller monitors is cutting off detail.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but that's where I would start.....

EvonFranklin
New Contributor III

I would have thought that the map features and element scale with screen sizes. As for CSS I have the "map" element set to a % value for height and width so it does display the entire map dom element but the zoom/scale level I set it as cuts off the features on smaller monitors. Lets say I set initial zoom level as 9, on a smaller monitor that initial zoom level cuts off features that would have been visible on a bigger monitor.

0 Kudos