Basemap Flickering/Flashing 4.13

10-31-2019 04:15 AM
MatthieuThery1
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Basemaps (TileLayers) are flickering/flashing or showing large white bands when the opacity/transparency is set to something inferior to 1.

This doesn't do it in 4.12 but it does in 4.13...

4.13:

4.12:

it's doing it using code from the sandbox too:

https://codepen.io/mtrsklnkvMM/pen/jOOaBPB 

This is a really limiting issue for us. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
MarcoBoeringa
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Matt,

This may be a far fetch, but I wonder if there is a relation with this issue as seen with PDFs exported from ArcGIS Pro that contain partially transparent ESRI basemaps?:

Why does the World Hillshade show tiles when exported to PDF? ArcGIS Pro 2.4 

The visual result / defect is remarkably similar..., see the attached image in the OP's post in that thread and that represents results I have seen as well when exporting PDFs from Pro.

0 Kudos
mgeorge
Esri Contributor

Sorry for the late response!

Hmm, my hunch is probably they are not related as this one only manifests on certain devices.

Matt

0 Kudos
mgeorge
Esri Contributor

Roman KönigMatthieu Thery‌ I just got access to a device with an Intel HD 630, but unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce the issue. Can you try updating your Intel display drivers? Seems like this could be a driver bug that is fixed with the newer drivers (my machine has driver 26.20.100.6951). Looks like the machines where we are seeing this problem have version 22.20.16.4836 or 23.20.16.4973.

MatthieuThery1
Occasional Contributor

One of our user was able to update his drivers, and it seems to be working OK for him now.

mgeorge
Esri Contributor

Thanks for the response! We're marking these versions down internally as known bad drivers for the Intel HD 630. 

0 Kudos