About upcoming JSAPI 4.0 beta 1

07-10-2015 10:44 AM
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor

We will soon be releasing the first beta for the next generation of the ArcGIS API for JavaScript - 4.0 beta 1.

Until then, you can find some information in the UC Q&A | What is new and exciting about version 4.0 of the ArcGIS API for JavaScript?

For feedback and questions about the 4.0 betas, please post in the ArcGIS API for JavaScript forum and make sure to tag with 4.0beta.

Tags (1)
13 Replies
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Sounds exciting!

RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

I am looking forward to 3D! Especially routing inside of a building!  Will there be a way to route from inside one building to the inside of another?

ChrisSergent
Regular Contributor III

I have been waiting for that for eight years. Hope it's this one.

0 Kudos
ChrisSergent
Regular Contributor III

Can't wait!

0 Kudos
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

Hey Bjorn,

I can't wait for the release! On a side note, I put in a bug for a legend issue in v3.13 - BUG-000086150 - Legend fails with JSON data in ArcGIS API for Java..

The report indicates it's fixed in 3.14 - has 3.14 been officially released? I see the init.js script is available when I try to load it from the CDN.

BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor

Chris, that's not really related to 4.0 ...  but yes, BUG-000086150 has been fixed for 3.14.  And no, it hasn't been officially released.

ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

Cool, thanks. I know it's unrelated to 4.0 - that's why I brought it up as a side note. I wasn't sure if there would be another 3.x version before 4.0 - if 3.14 was like a phantom staging branch, or something like that, since I couldn't find any press releases about 3.14.

Just wanting to make sure when we move to 4.0 it'll still be fixed!

BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor

3.14 is real (and coming soon) - there will still be several more 3.x version released. Until we release the "4.0 (final)" sometime next year, there will be both 4.0 beta versions and 3.x versions available in parallel. 

ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

I just realized I skipped right over the little bit about 3 and 4 living side-by-side in your link! Can't wait to try the beta - I hope we can move to v4 as soon as it's officially released.